Website Steamboat Group
The Senior Accountant position is responsible for assisting the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization and provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
Duties and Responsibilites
· Examine accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
· Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Develop and implement proper procedures for updating and maintaining financial records by making use of current technologies.
· Document financial transactions by entering account information.
· Recommend financial actions by reviewing accounting options.
· Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
· Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents and information.
· Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
· Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
· Follow internal controls to maintain financial security.
· Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
· Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policies and regulations.
· Comply with federal, state and local financial/legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management as to necessary actions.
· Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and/or participating in professional societies.
· Provide guidance and act as a resource for other accounting staff.
· Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5+ years of accounting-related experience, with at least two years of public accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
- Experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and month-end / year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user (including Excel) and administration skills
- Awareness of business trends
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com